Иранские СМИ сообщают как минимум о 4-х арестованных за попытку совершения диверсии на ядерном объекте. Никаких подробностей о национальности задержанных или о самом ядерном объекте, который они якобы пытались разрушить, нет.
Как всегда, всю активную лексику и текст репортажа Вы можете найти ниже.
Текст довольно сложный, советую его изучить перед прослушиванием, перевод слов выделенных жирным шрифтом, приведен ниже.
This is the latest twist in the saga of Iran’s showdown with the West over its nuclear programme, which has received new impetus after signs that Tehran might be softening its stance.
The country’s atomic energy chief told a security conference that the alleged saboteurs had been under surveillance for some time. He said they were caught red-handed and are now in the process of being interrogated. He gave no further details.
There’ve long been rumours that Israel, which sees Iran’s potential development of a nuclear weapon as an existential threat, has sent spies into Iran to disrupt its programme, with some even accusing its agents of killing Iranian nuclear scientists. Israel has warned the US and the West not to be fooled by the recent charm offensive by the new, more moderate Iranian President Hassan Rouhani, who had a historic, icebreaking phone call with President Obama a few days ago.
The Israelis announced their own arrest of an alleged Iranian-born spy in the midst of the new optimism that a genuine resolution of a nuclear standoff could now be on the cards. This latest announcement from Iran shows that underneath the newly hopeful surface, the complex three-dimensional chess game over Iran’s nuclear ambitions continues undiminished.
- saga – long series of related events;
- impetus – force that gives a particular activity more energy or makes it more effective;
побуждение, движущая сила; стимул, импульс, толчок
- stance – clearly stated view about an issue;
- saboteurs – people who deliberately damage or destroy something;
саботажник, диверсант; вредитель
- caught red-handed – (arrested) while doing something wrong;
заставать на месте преступления
- existential threat – something that could cause harm to human existence;
- charm offensive – actions intended to get people to like and trust you so that you can influence them;
- icebreaking – something you do to get people who don’t know each other well to talk and improve relations;
- on the cards – likely to happen
- undiminished – not reduced in importance
Удачи в изучении Английского!